Monday, August 14, 2017
Young catholic adults Latest News: The Feast of the Assumption (15th August) is Tomor...: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/ File:0260jfMaria_Assumpta_Seminary_Feast_ Assumption_Cabanatuan_Cityfvf_27.JPG Holy Da...
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Young catholic adults Latest News: August 2017 Cheltenham Young Catholic Adult Events...: Source:wikicommons Wednesday 3rd Aug at 7pm - Low Mass , (EF) at St. Gregory's Church, Cheltenham (GL50 3PR), preceeded by ...
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Young catholic adults Latest News: Pope Emeritus Benedict at the Requiem Mass of Card...: From Deacon Nick Donnelly (via Facebook):- "Pope Benedict's message at the Requiem Mass of Card # Meisner contains a warni...
Monday, July 10, 2017
- The Cottages accommodate groups of up to 15 young persons in simple 'hostel' type rooms.
- Self-catering facilities include a kitchen, dining room and scullery.
- Two other rooms provide a lounge and chapel, and the whole building is centrally heated.
- The facilities available include the Abbey Church which provides a peaceful, prayerful space for worship. Guests are free to join in all the community services and to enjoy the spacious Abbey grounds.
- Special rate for families.
- Lying deep in the Berkshire countryside overlooking the beautiful Kennet valley to the distant Hampshire downs, the Cottages provide an ideal place for a group retreat for all who seek the refreshment of peace and quiet.
History has proved him right. By their very nature monasteries played a vital role in providing safe and comfortable shelter in times when travel was time-consuming, arduous and often dangerous. The weary pilgrim, far from home, would instinctively look for shelter in the house of God. Today, life itself has become a wearying pilgrimage for many. For them a monastery offers respite from the fast-paced, stressful and often unbalanced lives they lead. Others seek to join the monks in the space they make for God to be worshipped and experienced, a space much harder now to find in the world.
The Guesthouse at Douai Abbey offers several different types of room. There are fifteen fully-ensuite rooms, four of which have been fitted to accommodate disabled guests to modern standards. All rooms can take single guests, but some can also be shared. Another seven rooms semi-ensuite (shower and sink only).
Sunday, June 4, 2017
Young catholic adults Latest News: Cheltenham Young Catholic Adults Events June 2017: Source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_Saints_Peter_and_Paul Masses - supported by Chelt YCA (EF) in June 2017. -Whit Wedne...